[OpenLayers-Users] Reprojecting on the fly a GML layer from WFS

toni hernández toni at sigte.udg.edu
Thu Jul 9 00:05:47 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I am working with Openlayers 3.6 and I am trying to display a gml layer
from a WFS service. And not only that, I am also trying to reproject
this layer from epsg:4326 to epsg:3857. This part of the code looks like:

     vectorSource.addFeatures(gmlFormat.readFeatures(data,
{dataProjection:'EPSG:4326', featureProjection:'EPSG:3857'}));

The entire example is here

http://sigserver4.udg.edu/apps/ol3/wfs_usa_states.html

After loading the page, no error is thrown but the gml layer is not
displayed.

After executing this (in the javascript console)

vectorSource.getFeatures()[5].getGeometry().getCoordinates()

I get something like

[[[[4641827.511692658, NaN, 0], [4626910.811245848, NaN, 0],
[4607302.996137521, NaN, 0], more...

So, Is there a problem reprojecting "minus" coordinates formated like
"-xxx.xxxx"?

The same example works fine if I add the outputformat=JSON to the WFS
call, but I would like to use GML if possible for didactic purposes (I
am developing a course about OpenLayers). Also, the example works fine
if I do not reproject features, and change the srsnam param to
srsname=EPSG:3857.

Any ideas?
Thank you all.

--
*Toni Hernández Vallès*
Servei de Sistemes d'Informació Geogràfica i Teledetecció

http://www.sigte.udg.edu
Twitter http://twitter.com/SIGTE_UDG