[OpenLayers-Users] RE Encoding in features attributes

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Fri Oct 9 07:21:34 PDT 2015

What do you mean by "WFS response are correctly shown in pgadmin"

Is your postgis database use encoding utf-8?
What is your wfs server and version?

"Juanma M. R." <juanma.mr at gmail.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : "Users" <openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
2015-10-09 05:57

openlayers-users at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Objet
[OpenLayers-Users] Encoding in features attributes

Dear list,

I have a WFS layer already loaded in Openlayers 2.13 version. The problem
is that some attributes are spanish characters and are not shown
correctly.

I have checked and in database and WFS response are correctly shown in
pgadmin and firebug. When checking feature attributes already loaded in
OpenLayers with firebug it shows them with strange characters. The webpage
OL is loaded is in UTF8 encoding.

I have looked in OL documentation for some kind of encoding parameter for
WFS layer / protocol. Is OL using any internal encoding or maybe firebug
assumes something in WFS communication that OL do not?

Regards,
Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.
Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group
Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha
Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2627)
http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/