[OpenLayers-Users] OL3 releases timeline

cbergero claudio.bergero at selex-es.com
Wed Sep 9 02:06:56 PDT 2015

Hi,we're planning to use OpenLayer 3 in our future projects, instead of OL2
which we know and we were using till now. We're speaking of medium and long
term projects so we need a stable version of libraries from which to
start.Browsing  OL3 past releases
<https://github.com/openlayers/ol3/releases/>   we saw about a release per
month, but we also saw a lot of release notes in which properties, methods
or complete classes were renamed or removed passing from one release to the
next one. This is a clear symptom of "work in progress", which is good, but
at the same time this discourages us to use any OL3 version in our works,
since our software will probably not be compliant with next month version,
or the version two months next, and we can't continuously change already
stable software from our side following OL3 develops. We surely can
"freeze", choose one OL3 release and use it, but this will "freeze" bugs
too, since bugs will be obviously solved in future releases that are
unlikely to be compatible with the one we choose.So, the question: is there
a planned timeline of future OL3 releases, or a date or an idea of when a
"stable" version will be finally available?Thanks in advanceBest regards