[OpenLayers-Users] CORB problem with TileArcGISRest layer in OpenLayers 5 client

Benjamin Krepp bkrepp at ctps.org
Wed Sep 25 09:33:01 PDT 2019

Hi Alex,

Thanks for chiming in on my question.

First, I should note that I’m NOT seeing a response with content type
text/html in the Chrome Dev tools. (I’m seeing no response whatsoever
there.) I only see what looks like text/html response in the Firefox dev
tools. I’m confused by this, and wonder if the response quoted in my
original message is really being returned or if it’s cooked up by the
Firefox dev tools. (This is not to point fingers – it’s just that I’m not
seeing any “response data” at all in Chrome.)

I understand your point about the “tiles.arcgis.com” URL, but what’s not
clear to me is why the* OL 2 client is working just fine using
“tiles.arcgis.com <http://tiles.arcgis.com>” URLs*. (!)

If you run the OL 2 client in the debugger, and look at the network
traffic, you’ll see that tiles with URLs of the form
http://tiles.arcgis.com/... are returned successfully.

My best hypothesis is that *in the OL 5 world*  I’m not using the right
type of layer and/or the right “source” for that layer, or that there are
some options I need to pass when creating the “layer” or “source”.

In the world of the OL 5 client:

·         The layers in question are vanilla *Layer*s

·         Their “source”s are *TileArcGISRest*

In short, what’s the correct “translation” of *OpenLayers.Layer.ArcGISCache*
in OL2-speak into OL5-speak?

Best,

Ben