[OpenLayers-Users] blurry tiles

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:30:06 PDT 2020

Using `zDirection: -1` is not always a good idea. Especially not if the
tiles are already upscaled on the server.

You can look at the two maps below. Both use the Mapbox Satellite tileset.
The first rendered in mapbox-gl, the second inOpenLayers (without a
zDirection set). For me, they look and behave exactly the same:

https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/mapbox/satellite-v9.html?title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoibWFwYm94IiwiYSI6ImNpejY4M29iazA2Z2gycXA4N2pmbDZmangifQ.-g_vE53SD2WrJ6tFX7QHmA#17.4/47.078636/15.426918

https://r55zn.csb.app/#/center/15.42692,47.07864/zoom/17.4

Andreas.