[OSGeo BC] CUGOS November Meeting

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Nov 21 11:48:55 EST 2007

As discussed in our meeting, the next meeting of our US brethren is
on Wednesday, November 28th, at 6pm at the Lizardtech offices in
downtown Seattle.  An easy fast-ferry from Victoria or drive from
Vancouver.

  http://groups.google.com/group/cugos/browse_thread/thread/
8938a6015ad5edb8

Topics to be discussed include:

- Running some Amazon EC2 processes in front of the group to demo the
Elastic Compute Cloud concept (Aaron + Josh)
- Talking about production of KML via Open Source tools (Dane
Springmeyer)
- Discussion of a new users experience with OSGIS tools (Peter Keum)
- Discuss more formally the idea of becoming an OSGEO regional
chapter (mpg)
- Open forum about what people have been doing...
- Upcoming events (like http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/ in April
etc...)

Head on down and foster an atmosphere of international cooperation!