[OSGeo BC] Interested in learning how to setup a web mapping program

Mark Blackmore mark17_blackmore at yahoo.ca
Fri May 15 11:30:53 EDT 2009

Tyler - Thanks for getting back to me I really appreciate it. I've been meaning to purchase your book as it looks like a great guide in getting Mapserver up and running. My situation is this, I've downloaded Mapserver (not the latest version, it was about 5 months ago I think, so maybe the second latest) for windows, now I'm just trying figure out where I program the output imagery. Ie what file do I use to tell the program where my shapefiles are and how the map will look. If I can get to this stage then I'm sure I can go from there. I really appreciate your help on this and thank you for sending me those links, they look like they will come in handy. If you are ever in Vancouver perhaps we could meet up and go for a coffee and talk about some of the projects we both are working on. I would also like to attend one of your workshops so please keep me in the loop. Have a great long weekend!

Mark