[OSGeo BC] Northern BC GIS Users Group

Will Cadell will.cadell at timberline.ca
Thu May 21 19:47:28 EDT 2009

Hello all!

I am very happy to tell you about the next meeting of the Northern BC
GIS user group will be on June 2nd. That is the evening before the
ESRI conference.

when: June 2nd, 5pm
where: UNBC, rm 7-212

This one is going to be a doozy!

We are planning to meet at 5:00 pm for a bite to eat, up at UNBC
(provided by a sponsor), closely followed at 5:30 pm by a panel
discussion on Open Source technology in GIS with:

Tyler Mitchell: 	Executive Director, Open Source Geospatial Foundation
Chris North: 		Director of Technology, ESRI Canada
Steve Botham: 	Manager of IT, Regional District Fraser - Fort George

... as our esteemed panel! This is the first time that OSGeo and ESRI
have been at the same table for a discussion like this, and we are
very lucky that it will happen up here in sunny Prince George. Our
own Steve Botham from the Regional District will be giving the local
& user perspective. If that isn't enough, we'll have a few door
prizes to give away. Hopefully, we'll get everyone's excitement level
up for the ESRI conference on the 3rd.

I really hope you all can join us. We have scheduled it so as little
time as possible will be spent away from work, additionally the event
will be completely free.

Tell as many people as you can about this! It will be great to have a
nice big audience with lots of questions, keen to participate.

Attached is a pdf with the details, if you can print it out and stick
it up in your workplace we would really appreciate it!

Look forward to seeing you on the 2nd,

NBCGISUG

Will Cadell, GIS Manager

Timberline Natural Resource Group