[OSGeo BC] CanVec National/Provincial SHP files - already done somewhere?

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:56:13 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have begun the process of converting the CanVec National and
Provincial GML files into shp file, and filtering down the shp file
into 1 shp file per canvec map feature (code).

I've already converted most of the features, and will be done
processing them in the next few weeks.  I'll have the resulting .shp
files available on my mediafire.com folder.

Has anyone already created the .shp files (1 feature per file, and
split by province where the file is too big) and then further split by
feature attribute where needed.

These resulting .shp files are usefull, as many applications can work
with it, and it's nice to have a map layer of just 1 featuer per layer
(im uploading the layers to koordinates.com and perhaps
geocommons.com) as well as making .osm files and garmin map files :)

Thanks,
Sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada