[osgeo4w-dev] MapFish packages

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:40:19 EST 2008

Hi all

As discussed on #osgeo the MapFish developers would be interested in
having MapFish packages into the OSGeo4W distribution. We see this
both as a contribution to OSGeo4W and as way for us to have an
easy-install-on-windows story.

We've thought about two packages:

- mapfish_client: the JS library along usage examples (based on
OpenLayers and Ext)
- mapfish_framework: the Python web-mapping development framework
(based on Pylons)

The two packages are independent.

The first package shouldn't be a problem, since I anticipate it would
resemble the OpenLayers and Gmap packages.

The second package worried us a bit more, so we decided to work on
that one first. The package we've come up with is available in
<http://dev.mapfish.org/osgeo4w/>. We haven't tested it with the
installer, our testing has been limited to unarchiving it in the apps/
dir and manualy running the postinstall script.

That'd be great if one of the OSGeo4W maintainers could test it with
the actual installer. Tell us if you need us uploading the package
somewhere for you to test it.

Thanks a lot!

--
Eric