[osgeo4w-dev] Tech Review and Experiments

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 12:58:08 EST 2008

Frank,
I'm very excited to hear about your progress so far. In answer to your
questions, we should start with what I consider to be business drivers:

1. We want to sell OSGeo.
2. Windows users may be GIS savvy, but not tech savvy. Simplicity to the
user is very important.
3. Disk space and bandwidth is cheap and getting cheaper.

So:
A cut down Cygwin for OSGeo sounds like a good idea - although I note
the dated look and feel.
I'd err on course grained rather than fine grained packaging.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally