[osgeo4w-dev] setup in svn and improved a bit

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 29 21:39:21 EST 2008

Norman Vine wrote:
> The post XP sp1 Msoft system dll thing is a pain
>
> For vc8  there is vcredist.exe  not sure about vc9
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/nikolad/archive/2007/04/02/workaround-for-using-vs2005
> -sp1-version-of-vcredist-exe-within-a-boostrapper-setup-exe.aspx

Norman,

I read this over, but didn't really grok it all that well.

However, I did find that by adding the manifest for the vc runtime
dlls into the msvcrt-1.0.0 package I was able to correct the problem on
my win32 laptop which also exhibited the problem that Jay was running
into.

Jay - if you just step through setup without installing any new packages it
ought to re-install msvcrt including the manifest and correct the problem.
Let me know if you discover otherwise.