[osgeo4w-dev] udig and Java

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 23 13:59:59 EDT 2008

Andrea,

I have created the following topics for your java and udig packages:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-java
   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-udig

I've also created the following stub page for you:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/AndreaAntonello

I'm trying to ensure the OSGeo4W wiki has enough information for people to
be able to contact package maintainers.  Could you register for an OSGeo
Userid at:

   https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py

and enter it in your trac wiki topic?  You will need this userid do stuff
in trac, including editing the wiki and having tickets assigned to you.

In particular, I'd like to see another pass at packaging udig that would
include a desktop icon and that would place udig.bat in the standard \bin
(or a proxy for it).  I'd create a ticket, but I don't have a userid to
assign it to. :-)

I'd also appreciate your filling out the pkg-java and pkg-udig topics
with any more relavent information.  In particular, I'd like pkg-java to
include any hints needed for other potential Java packagers.  For instance
if Landon can package JUMP.