[osgeo4w-dev] So does this mean the old non-networked versions will die?

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jun 25 16:47:32 EDT 2008

> Do you have a pointer to notes on how you setup Portable GIS?   I've
> only paid passing attention to your efforts so far, but I'd like to
> ensure you can provide something similar based on OSGeo4W.

For gdal utilities I think it's as simple as replacing "set
OSGEO4W_ROOT=C:\OSGeo4W" in osgeo4w.bat with:

-----------------
rem Root OSGEO4W home dir to the same directory this script exists in
set OSGEO4W_ROOT=%~dp0
rem Remove trailing backslash
set OSGEO4W_ROOT=%OSGEO4W_ROOT:~0,-1%
echo OSGEO4W home is %OSGEO4W_ROOT% & echo.

matt wilkie
Geographic Information,
Information Management and Technology,
Yukon Department of Environment