[osgeo4w-dev] Trac Component

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 20 13:26:26 EDT 2008

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> This is a good point, but to be honest I don't feel up to the hassle of
>> running this past SAC and the board, and then having to setup a new Trac
>> instance.
>>

> Frank is this something that I could take the lead on?  Or do you want a
> developer to do this?

Jeff,

It doesn't need to be a developer, but ultimately an OSGeo "primary
administrator" - likely Howard or I, would be responsible for setting up
and loving the extra SVN and Trac instance.  In theory this isn't a *big*
job, but it is yet another things to take care of, configure, and keep
working forever.

There is also the administrative hassle, which anyone could do most folks
are unlikely to know the process and will need to ask questions.

I guess what I'm getting at is, how important to we think it is to have
our own svn and trac instance?  It isn't important to me.