[osgeo4w-dev] Setup problems on Win64 and Windows Server 2003

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 21 22:57:56 EDT 2008

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> I'd add to my previous statements that the big setup cannot be
> renamed. If I rename the file eg. to osgeo4w-setup1.exe then the
> crashing issue is stepping up. The compressed version can be renamed
> without problems though.

Tamas,

I wonder if you have an opinions on why this might be?  I'm getting
the impression there is something that is corrupting the stack or heap
in a subtle way and it is very sensitive to details of memory layout
and code arrangement.  But, I don't really know how to dig into the
problem and try to resolve it.

I'll paste your notes into the ticket.