[osgeo4w-dev] OpenEV Packaged

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 11:30:08 EDT 2008

Folks,

I have done a rough packaging of OpenEV for OSGeo4W.

This was mostly just copying stuff from FWTools, though I did rebuild
the openev components to use GDAL 1.5.  The biggish OpenEV package
includes a complete copy of python 2.3, and GTK1.  It avoids putting anything
in bin except for openev.bat to avoid poluting the global binary space.

When we have an official python packaged for OSGeo4W I'll try and switch
to using that in place of 2.3, but I'll still need to have OpenEV specific
GDAL bindings (old gen).

In fact, I mostly did this package because I needed python/gdal bindings
for a client delivery and this seemed a win-win way of doing so without
stepping in the way of Howard's hoped for official packaging of Python
in the future.