[osgeo4w-dev] gdal-python packages & gdal_merge

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 10 08:44:58 EDT 2008

fabienne picot wrote:
> So I've got the usage message after this error => see the attached file.

Fabienne,

I would suggest you uninstall the gdal-sde and gdal-ecw plugin packages.
They may be responsible for problems with the python bindings.  They
both depend on external DLLs being installed by other means as described
in:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-sde90
   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw

They can be uninstalled using the regular installer (through advanced)
or just delete the corresponding files in C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins
manually.