[osgeo4w-dev] Re: [DebianGIS] Should osgeo4w be included in the FOSS4G2008 live CD?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:28:23 EDT 2008

Hamish,
1. Is the software linked below stable and production ready now, with no
testing required?
2. How much space does it take up? (I'm not sure how much space we have
left on the image. One of the techies might be able to answer this)
3. Are you prepared to add the packages yourself, and write any
readme.html files or similar before Friday?

If so, then we might be able to get it on the disk. But as I don't have
experience with these tools I'd be hesitant to include them (because of
our short timeline) without hearing a strong chorus of support from
existing packaging techies.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect