[osgeo4w-dev] libLAS 1.0.0-b3 added

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Sep 27 20:12:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have added Windows binaries for libLAS to OSGeo4W.  I broke it into three
> packages, liblas, liblas-devel, and liblas-python.  After uploading them to
> the server, I ran the regen.sh script as the frankw user.
>
> libLAS is a BSD library for reading and writing ASPRS LAS version 1.0 and
> 1.1 data, which is commonly used in LiDAR processing.
>
> http://liblas.org

Howard,

Cool, thanks!

I would note that we have moved away from the practice of having
a separate -devel package unless the development support files
(stub library and include files) are really huge.

Also, could you write up a description for the package and hang it
off:

  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing

Thanks,