[osgeo4w-dev] genini fix

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Aug 3 11:08:50 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

On Mon, 03. Aug 2009 at 10:35:04 -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> I can't follow the change (my regex/perl foo is too weak).  Is the problem
> that genini wasn't properly identifying which was the most recent version due
> to the way versions are compared?  If so, there is a way of explicitly
> listing the current and previous version in the setup.hint file and I wonder
> if that would be a more appropriate way to control things.

Well, I'd say the patch shouldn't break anything.

The problem was that qgis-1.2.0-9.tar.bz2 was considered newer than
qgis-1.2.0-10.tar.bz2 as alphabetically "10" < "9".

The patch splits the file name into package name, version and numerical package
number. If that works it compares package name and version alphabetically and
the package number numerically.  It it doesn't, as the package number might not
be numerically, it falls back to the orignally behaviour.

> If not, could you please confirm that this change does not affect the
> setup.ini output for any other package?  I'm worried about it altering the
> version for something else and us not realizing for some time.

Already did.  It just affected the qgis-dev entry.

> I find genini very slow, and at some point I'd like to rewrite it in some
> more efficient form.  I'm not really sure what part is the slow part.  But
> Currently the genini step often times out on me if anything else is happening
> on the machine at the same time.

Ok.  I filed ticket #100 on that.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden