[osgeo4w-dev] MapFish packages

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 12 18:42:37 EST 2009

Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As discussed on #osgeo the MapFish developers would be interested in
> having MapFish packages into the OSGeo4W distribution. We see this
> both as a contribution to OSGeo4W and as way for us to have an
> easy-install-on-windows story.
>
> We've thought about two packages:
>
> - mapfish_client: the JS library along usage examples (based on
> OpenLayers and Ext)
> - mapfish_framework: the Python web-mapping development framework
> (based on Pylons)
>
> The two packages are independent.
>
> The first package shouldn't be a problem, since I anticipate it would
> resemble the OpenLayers and Gmap packages.
>
> The second package worried us a bit more, so we decided to work on
> that one first. The package we've come up with is available in
> <http://dev.mapfish.org/osgeo4w/>. We haven't tested it with the
> installer, our testing has been limited to unarchiving it in the apps/
> dir and manualy running the postinstall script.

Eric,

I have loaded the package on the server and regenerated the setup.ini.
It lives in http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/mapfish with a
subdirectory for the framework package.

I did a test install and it went ok but i don't know how to test it.

Looking at the ini file:

warmerda at gdal3200% cat mapfish_framework.bat
set PYTHONPATH=PYTHONPATH;%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\mapfish_framework-1.0\site-packages
PATH=%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\mapfish_framework-1.0\scripts;%PATH%

I suspect it should be PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;...

I also sort of wonder if eventually we ought to consider factoring out
some of the suporting python packages such as Shapely, sqlalchemy and
Pylons.  But for now I think it is fine to bundle them in.

I apologize for losing track of your post of availability over a month ago.
I appreciate your reminder, as I'm keen to have MapFish in OSGeo4W.