[osgeo4w-dev] Installer update

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 15 19:21:44 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>>
>> Frank,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded a new installer with QGIS in the express menu, and with
>>> GRASS removed from the express menu (since it is still not really ready
>>> for prime time as I understand it).
>>
>> what is actually lacking? Would be sad to see GRASS gradually disappear :)
>
> Markus,

Frank, Juergen,

> Jurgen is doing quite a bit of work on GRASS now and I'm not clear on the
> state.  But the main point is that neither Jurgen or I are really GRASS
> users and we aren't able to evaluate it's usefulness and completeness.

well, we are here :)
Is there anything which should go back into GRASS? Is Marco P. who
is to my knowledge also building binaries, linked? Just to avoid
double work.

> The package is still available, but I hesitate to put something on the
> express package list without some confidence in it.

If you need testers, I assume that I can find them in grass-windows.
The subscribers there just might not be aware of the OSGeo4W
efforts.

Best regards,
Markus