[osgeo4w-dev] workflow for uploading and testing a new package?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jan 28 04:40:02 EST 2009

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 28. Jan 2009 at 00:54:52 -0800, Matt Wilkie wrote:
> 2. Point web browser to
> http://upload.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/osgeo4w-regen.sh. After a few minutes
> I get a message saying the setup_test.ini is built.

Oh, didn't know there was a cgi for that.   I usually run

sudo -u apache sh regen.sh

> 3. Point browser at /download_data/download/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini to
> have a look, Apt is not there.

That path is the local path.   Using a browser the link is
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/setup_test.ini

> The ./apt directory is owned by maphew while all the others are owned
> by apache. Perhaps that is messing things up?

No, if it's readable for all it'll work and it did.  apt is there and
osgeo4w-setup -t shows it.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden