[osgeo4w-dev] [osgeo4w] #95: python programs that uses grass.py do not work with --interface-description, --help, or --ui

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Tue Jul 7 02:19:57 EDT 2009

#95: python programs that uses grass.py do not work with --interface-
description, --help, or --ui
-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
Reporter:  cgsbob  |       Owner:  osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
    Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Version:          |    Keywords:
-------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
 I've developed a python script that uses the GRASS python module grass.py.
 When I use the options --help (displays command help), --ui (starts up a
 gui form for my command), or  --interface-description (xml description of
 the gui), I do not see any output.  Without --interface-description, I am
 not able to use my script in QGIS Toolbox.

 Based on a discussion on the GRASS user ML (see [http://n2.nabble.com/
 Problems-with-GRASS-python-code-in-osgeo4w-td3122413.html]), it appears
 that the current version of OSGEO4W needs
 [http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/37075] and there seems to be
 problems on how paths are specified in batch files.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/95>
OSGeo4W <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w>