[osgeo4w-dev] Installer Change

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Mar 6 12:02:15 EST 2009

I've seen something which might be related: I installed to an alternate
location (D:\o4w) and setup log files were still written to
C:\OSGeo4W\var\log (setup.log, setup.log.full).

I don't recall any missing packages or dependencies, though I can't be
sure about that and I've not done any further testing to try and
reproduce it.

I am fairly certain I've never left setup.exe running while removing the
C:\OSGeo4w tree. I have on occasion seen a program close their user
interface yet still have a process shown running in Task Manager (most
often with Firefox).

matt wilkie
Geographic Information,
Information Management and Technology,