[osgeo4w-dev] Side by side configuration error

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Mar 26 13:47:37 EDT 2009

Hi Ari,

On Thu, 26. Mar 2009 at 16:09:13 +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> I installed (copied) the OSGeo4W tree into a network disk in our
> university's windows network. QGIS does not start and Windows complains
> about side-by-side configuration. Googling points to VC++ 2005
> redistributable package, which is an installation package. Generally I
> can't run any installation programs by myself on this Windows system. Is
> there any way to correct the problem myself? Which dlls to install into
> the qgis/bin?

Actually it's the VC++ 2008 redistributable package (QGIS and Qt are
build with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition).  It gets silently
installed by msvcrt package.

AFAIK there's no way around that installation as the DLLs won't work if
you just copy them into the bin directory.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden