[osgeo4w-dev] Python GIS programming environment under Windows

Gilles Bassière gbassiere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:42:34 EST 2010

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Gilles,
>
> On Thu, 16. Dec 2010 at 10:21:12 +0100, Gilles Bassière wrote:
>> After a little more investigations, this didn't seem to be a bug to me.
>> It looks more like a design choice. Indeed, I can't find any instruction
>> to put %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\apps\gdal-17\pymod on the Python path in the
>> etc\ini\*.bat files. Also, I've seen examples of user explicitly
>> modifying the Python path:
>> - http://code.google.com/p/maptiler/source/browse/trunk/setup.py?r=13
>> - Alex's batch file
>
> The default GDAL is still 1.5.  If you want GDAL 1.7 you need to call
> gdal17.bat from your batch file (qgis does that too in it's batchfile).
>

> Jürgen

OK, I missed this information... In my previous attempts, I didn't try
to install gdal-python since gdal17-python was already installed. I've
now installed it and it eventually solved my problem :)

Thanks to all of you.

Best regards
--
Gilles Bassière - Web/GIS software engineer
http://gbassiere.free.fr/