[osgeo4w-dev] Re: osgeo4w-setup.exe command-line options

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Feb 17 12:07:47 EST 2010

> With the -q switch along with -l and -L it should be possible to install
> precompiled set of packages for example from a CD or flash disk without
> going through the gui and without need for internet connection. ...
Tomas, apt.py may be useful to you in this scenario. It's not as
complete or well tested as setup.exe but works well enough for me (so
far). It's most significant deficiency is that it can't update in-use
files like setup can, but this is not an issue on new installs.

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-apt

cheers,

-matt