[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Governance

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 23 14:21:59 EST 2010

Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> I'd never really liked the wiki approach and have been pretty lazy
>> about it.
>> Could we add a packager field to the setup.hint and/or have a defined
>> spot for
>> a readme and/or changelog in the OSGeo4W tree?  Something that could be
>> automatically checked and complained about when setup.ini is rebuild?
>
> I like to have at least some information about packages exposed through
> web pages, but agree that keeping a wiki page up to date involves a lot
> of repetition. It would be good to have at least some of that info
> automatically pulled from the package itself somehow. So I guess this
> amounts to "me too!"

Matt,

What repetition is involved?  I have specifically avoided embedding
information in the trac wiki pages that would duplicate the setup.ini
settings such as what the latest version is, or what the dependencies are.
It might be desirable at some point to have a Trac extension that could
actually merge in information from setup.ini, but we aren't there currently.