[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Governance

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Feb 24 00:34:47 EST 2010

...thinking further on this:

Maybe we have a process for acceptance of an OSGeo4W package:

- to be accepted into osgeo4w incubation:
   - user documentation must exist on the osgeo4w trac wiki
   - package must follow OSGeo4W technical standards (doesn't exist yet,
but i'm thinking 'use gdal 1.7, python 2.6, based on osgeo4w libraries, etc)
   - maintainer must input name in our package maintainers table
(doesn't exist yet)
   - maintainer must join osgeo4w-dev mailing list
- until acceptance, package cannot be made available in osgeo4w-setup.exe

Yes this means MOST of our packages are not acceptable and should be
removed from our live version, until these requirements are met.

Thoughts?

-jeff