[osgeo4w-dev] mscvr90

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Aug 27 12:24:51 EDT 2011

On 11-08-27 04:04 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after the last update of my OSGeo4W environment I have problem with
> compiling GRASS. First it complained about missing mscvr90.dll, then
> about mscvp90.dll. I have downloaded both files from
> http://dll-files.com and put them to osgeo4w\bin. Unfortunately it
> didn't helped a lot, see error message [1].
>
> Do you know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance, Martin
>
> [1] http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa/python-error.png

Martin,

The 9.0 runtime is normally installed as part of the msvcrt package.
I think the 9.0 runtime in particular is actually installed via a
Microsoft provided installer run by the post-install script for the
msvcrt package.  I don't know how it would get removed but you might
try re-installing that package.

I would add that the runtime dlls normally live in the \windows\system32
directory, not in \osgeo4w\bin like most other dlls.  This is due to the
use of the MS installer and is necessary due to some peculiar things
about the 9.0 runtime manifests.  Death to manifests!