[osgeo4w-dev] gdal2tiles in gdal16 vs gdal17

Roland Duhaime roland.duhaime at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:23:58 EST 2011

I am using a recent osgeo4w shell to run the gdal2tiles.py command.  I have
noticed that when I use gdal2tiles.py under gdal16 first, the image
transparency is treated as transparent data in the output png files.
However, when I start a new Osgeo4w shell and immediately switch to gdal17,
the transparency is converted to black pixels in the output png files.
Gdal17's version of gdal2tiles will work and respect the transparent pixels
if I run gdal16 first and then gdal17 (within the same shell window) before
executing a gdal2tiles.py command.  These are early findings and I hope they
are helpful.

All the Best,
Roland