[osgeo4w-dev] pkg-apache: setting path

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Feb 20 18:22:04 EST 2011

Hi there,

I'm still trying to package QGIS-Mapserver.  I'd like to simply ship it with a
httpd_qgis.conf for %OSGEO4W_ROOT%\httpd.d with that would have the necessary
configuration.

That would include adding add some directories to PATH to enable loading of
everything qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe needs.

But SetEnv PATH doesn't seem to work.  Only adding directory to the system's
path and rebooting the machine seems to have effect.

A simple php script like

<pre>
<?php
	echo "PATH: " . getenv("PATH") . "\n";
	echo "REDIRECT_PATH: " . getenv("REDIRECT_PATH") . "\n";
	echo "GDAL_DATA: " . getenv("GDAL_DATA") . "\n";
?>
</pre

produces:

PATH: C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM
REDIRECT_PATH: C:\OSGeo4W\bin
GDAL_DATA: C:\OSGeo4W\share\gdal

So apparently SetEnv on GDAL_DATA worked fine, while SetEnv PATH
only modified REDIRECT_PATH and left PATH as it was - which doesn't help.

I originally thought Apache 2.2.17 would cure this, but 2.2.17 from MS4W also
has this problem.

AFAICS I now only have two options:
1. modify the system wide PATH and reboot on install or
2. copy all potentially necessary DLLs to the same directory as
   qgis_mapserv.fcgi.exe.

Both options not really nice.  Are there another options?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden