[osgeo4w-dev] GDAL 1.8 - Switch Thrown

Helmut Kudrnovsky alectoria at gmx.at
Sat Jan 29 20:04:04 EST 2011

Hi Jürgen,

 >On Sun, 30. Jan 2011 at 00:49:04 +0100, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
 >> I just made the package obsolete - it's files should disappear with
 >next
 >> update.
 >
 >Rebuilding after removing the mingw-libs package revealed some new
 >problems.  I
 >had to updated the patch.

please provide it to the grass-dev-ml

 >This is the way I'm going to build GRASS 6.4.1 for OSGeo4W, unless you
 >would
 >like to take over the GRASS packaging in OSGeo4W.  I see that you are
 >very
 >active building GRASS depending on OSGeo4W packages.  Why not provide >the
 >OSGeo4W GRASS package too?

that's a good question ;o) ... I'm not really a programmer ... very
overloaded beside my main job at the moment ... just compiling wingrass
in the background from time to time ... maybe it would be possible to
use the nightly builds from http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass to use it
for osgeo4w ...

best regards
Helmut