[osgeo4w-dev] Upgrading o4w Python

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Jan 31 20:15:03 EST 2011

Hi Folks,

I now have a specific case for python 2.6 or newer, namely tarfile lib
now properly reads bzip2 compressed files; needed for apt.py
(http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-apt,
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/209).  A fairly small need in the
grand o4w scheme but personally meaningful.

I'm willing to do some grunt work to move this forward but am not sure
what "rebuild all the python bindings for the various packages."
entails. If someone can give some specific examples or advice I'll start
on it.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst