[osgeo4w-dev] upload.osgeo.org down?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 10 16:23:54 EST 2011

On 11-03-10 04:13 PM, andrea antonello wrote:
> But excuse me, what if I am able to browse to:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions
> but then
> http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release
> times out on me?

Andrea,

For reasons that are not clear, you don't seem to be able to get to
the download server.  It does appear to be working from most other
locations.  The download server is hosted at telescience while
trac.osgeo.org is at OSL so they are in different parts of the net.

While not convenient, perhaps you could get at the download server from
another location (ie. ssh to some intermediate host).  It might also
just resolve itself in a few hours.

There is a mirror of the download server at download2.osgeo.org, but that
is not suitable for uploading new files.