[osgeo4w-dev] Mapnik in osgeo4w

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon May 2 14:50:27 EDT 2011

Hi Roel,

On Mon, 02. May 2011 at 15:32:05 +0200, Roel Vanhout wrote:
> I'm a student who's been accepted into Google Summer of Code to work
> on mapnik, and specifically the build system and builds for Windows.
> We discussed the inclusion of mapnik in osgeo4w and I'd like to get
> into contact with the maintainer of mapnik package in there, to see if
> there's any work we can share/reuse. Thanks!

Welcome onboard.

The package isn't actively maintained.  I only added the repackaged the win32
binaries from mapnik website for the QGIS plugin - and IIRC updated it once,
when Dane Springmeyer notified me about 0.7.1.

So you're welcome to takeover the package if you like...

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden