[osgeo4w-dev] OpenEV does not start

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Oct 26 05:44:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have trouble with installing OpenEV from osgeo4w.  I am running Windows XP SP3 and I made a fresh osgeo4w installation with Advanced installation and by selecting only OpenEV to be installed.

There was a minory trouble with the D:\OSGeo4W\bin\openev.bat file because it had @SET OSGEO4W_ROOT=c:\OSGeo4W even I had installed osgeo4w on d: drive. But the real problem comes after correcting osgeo4w root. I am getting these errors:

First on the Windows error box there reads:
MS Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program D:\OSGeo4W\apps\openev\python\python.exe
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

After pressing OK I can capture from the osgeo4w command window where I run the openev.bat these lines

D:\OSGeo4W>openev
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\OSGeo4W\apps\openev\pymod\openev.py", line 80, in ?
    import gviewapp
  File "d:\OSGeo4W\apps\openev\pymod\gviewapp.py", line 139, in ?
    import gtkmissing
  File "d:\OSGeo4W\apps\openev\pymod\gtkmissing.py", line 3, in ?
    import _gv
ImportError: DLL load failed: Dynaamisesti linkitettõvõn kirjaston (DLL) alustus
toiminto epõonnistui.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-