[osgeo4w-dev] About the gdal-oracle package

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 16:10:34 EDT 2012

 On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Ivan Lucena <ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I was trying to pass instruction to a group of users on how to install GDAL with GDAL-ORACLE drivers plugin but I got then in some problems with the OSGeo4W installer that we didn't have just a couple of months ago with a previous version.
>
> 1 - The package in Libs "gdal-oracle: OCGR OCI and GDAL GeoRaster plugins for Oracle" was build for GDAL 1.8 so if we just select that package and click on "next" we end up with GDAL 1.9 binaries that obviously cannot load the two Oracle plugins at C:/OSGeo4W/bin/gdalplugin/1.8/{gdal_GEOR.ddl, ogr_OCI,dll}.

Ivan,

The gdal-oracle package will need to be rebuilt against 1.9.   Did you
prepare this package or me?  Hmm, I see the directory is owned by
Jurgen.

> 2 - The other problem is that there is an implicit dependency on GDAL for the "spatialite" package so if they try to run gdalinfo it will fail to load that library. So users need to go back to the installer and select that package.
>
> Would be possible to have the GDAL-ORACLE package for GDAL-1.9 instead of 1.8?
> Would be possible to remove that dependency on "spatialite" library?

Hmm, could you file a ticket on this?  I'm not sure why other people
haven't run into this.

I have added spatialite as a dependency of gdal's and refresh the
setup.ini file.  Hopefully
the next pass through you will see this get pulled in automatically.