[osgeo4w-dev] image Compilation of Qgis 1.8 with gdal svn (Windows7_64bits)

klo klonuo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:29:10 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm just a o4w user, so don't take this for granted, I wanted to comment
and hopefully help

> Now, i'm at the step 4.1.3 called 'Setting up the Visual Studio project
> with
> CMake'. I do not understand the instructions and how to create the batch
> file.

You should just copy the text in code box and save it as batch file. Name
it as you like with cmd or bat extension, and then you should run it. It
will set o4w environment and also MSVC environment variables.

But according your whole e-mail message it won't work, as it needs also
includes and library files from Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server
2003 R2, which you didn't install as you wrote.

HTH