[osgeo4w-dev] New packages : ossim, openjpeg, ffmpeg, msinttypes

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Mon Dec 17 07:34:02 PST 2012

Folks,

Just wanted to inform you that I pushed 4 new packages to OSGeo4W.

Three packages related to Ossim :
- ossim itself : http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/
- ffmpeg, since it is a dependency of ossim
- msinttypes : dependency of ossim build
More info about it here :
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Windows-Binaries-td3764680.html

The last one is openjpeg (http://www.openjpeg.org/).
I uploaded the recent 2.0 version, for which a very capable GDAL
JPEG2000 driver can be built (streamed & multithreaded I/O at least).
Frank, if you're reading this, I really hope the next GDAL version will
include this driver ;)

Information about the different packages with their packaging scripts
have been updated here :
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing

More extensive testing of Ossim GUI applications will be appreciated
from those of you who use them.
I only use/know the library.

Hope some of you will like it,
Julien