[osgeo4w-dev] Upgrading python to 2.7, continuing story of

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 4 03:02:53 EST 2012

On 01/03/2012 11:23 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 03/01/2012 22:23, Martin Landa ha scritto:
>
>> I took position of maintainer of wxpython package from Jeff.
>> Unfortunately I had *no* time for this task in the last weeks. I will
>> do my best to update wxpython with next days. Sorry for delay.
>
> I think this upgrade is a crucial one. Martin, thanks for your effort. In case Martin
> has no time, is there anybody able to help moving this forward?
> All the best.

I imagine if someone explains what needs to be done that someone else
can figure out how to do the process. It's one of those complicated
things where you're never quite sure where to start and which build
tools are even involved.

Ex: What's different about the osgeo4w python as compared to a standard
python 27 install?

Thanks,
Alex