[osgeo4w-dev] ImportError: OSGeo4W problems with Python/GDAL

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jun 13 08:58:00 PDT 2012

Hi folks,

For what it's worth, what enabled me to find the conflict with
libeay32.dll on my machine, was the method outlined earlier:

  * opening a fresh command shell,
  * completely stripping all PATH and PYTHON* environment variables,
  * slowly adding the paths back in one at a time until the problem
    resurfaced,
  * examining the contents of latest folder added,
  * remove .dll's from that folder until it works again

I'm not that familiar with Dependency Walker but when looking at
"Options > Module Search Order" I see it does make use of the PATH of
whichever shell started it -- meaning you need to start depends.exe from
within the Osgeo4w shell or it will use the default Windows user profile
environment instead.

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst