[osgeo4w-dev] GDAL 1.9 Upgrade

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Mar 17 21:11:21 EDT 2012

Folks,

I have started the GDAL 1.9 package upgrade.  In order to avoid breaking
packages built against GDAL when it was 1.8 based I have introduced a
"gdal18dll" package which provides just bin\gdal18.dll.  This ought to work
smoothly, but in practice when upgradingt here is a risk that the gdal18dll
package will get installed before the gdal package is uninstalled and
reinstalled which would delete the gdal18.dll.  If this happens to you, just
go into OSGeo4W Setup and reinstall the "gdal18dll" package.

I wish there was an easy workaround for this.