[osgeo4w-dev] revision control the whole darn thing

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Nov 9 15:34:44 PST 2012

Hi Folks,

On a vaguely related theme to Frank's Amazon O4W Build Instance, I would
like to take the opportunity to throw out a blue sky idea: that some day
all the packages or at least the recipes to build them or in revision
control (presumably a distributed one like git or hg). It seems really
silly to build a whole new package often weighing in at several or tens
of megabytes when all one needs to do is fix a line in a batch file or
move a .dll.

Other than suggesting the idea though, I've no real idea how such thing
could be setup in actual practice. It's been coming to mind often enough
I figured I'd drop a stone down the well and see if there is any splash
or echo.  ;-)

cheers,

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst