[osgeo4w-dev] How to log Osgeo4W shell stdout into a txt file?

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Mon Oct 22 14:51:45 PDT 2012

execfile can't take arguments, you need to use /subprocess.call/ instead:

    import subprocess, sys
    subprocess.call([sys.executable, 'apt.py', '2>mylogfile.txt'],
    shell=True)

Be careful though, `shell=True` means you can easily bork your system if
your command is misconstructed, e.g. `rmdir /s/q C:\Windows` instead of
`rmdir /s/q C:\temp\Windows` would be disasterous.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5788891/execfile-with-argument-in-python-shell
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/912830/using-subprocess-to-run-python-script-on-windows
http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html

cheers,