[osgeo4w-dev] [osgeo4w] #305: python/sqlite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll"

OSGeo4W trac_osgeo4w at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 28 10:03:13 PDT 2012

#305: python/sqlite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in
"C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll"
Reporter:  hellik    |       Owner:  brushtyler
    Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Version:  1.0       |    Keywords:  python,sqlite

Comment(by brushtyler):

 Replying to [comment:29 esseffe]:
 > Sorry, but I'm completely unable to understand why SpatiaLite is
 supposed to
 > be anyway related to this topic.

 spatialite is not related at all, as well as the sqlite3 in \bin (the one
 I built).

 I'm still writing that the problem is that grass7-dev uses the wrong
 sqlite3.dll, the one shipped with python.

 We have to choose if replace (or better remove) that DLL, otherwise the
 grass7-dev code has to be changed to use the sqlite3.dll in \bin (passing
 the full path to ctypes when loading the sqlite3.dll library).

 I would prefer to remove the duplication.

 AFAICS in the .vcprops files of the python source package, the
 Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll is compiled using default settings (for that
 reason it doesn't contain the sqlite3_rtree_geometry_callback function).

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/305#comment:30>
OSGeo4W <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w>