[osgeo4w-dev] Cannot install OSGeo4W in Windows 7 VDI session - 'Program too big to fit in memory'

Ian Jones imjnes77 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 03:43:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone else had the same experience? I've just downloaded the OSGeo4W
Installer but when I double-click the exe file to run it and attempt to
install it, nothing happens. If I drop it into a Command Line session, it
returns the above message.

I have 40Gb disk space, 4Gb of RAM so don't quite understand why it isn't
playing ball. I am trying to do this in Windows 7 Enterprise in a VM Ware
View Client v5.1.1.

Has anyone successfully got it installed to a virtual environment?

Much appreciated,

Regards,

Ian