[osgeo4w-dev] ANN: Python 2.7.4

jamesstott jamesstott at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 02:11:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am also having problems with OSGeo4W, QGIS and the OSGeo4W command line.

I also get the problem with MAXREPEAT at the command line, and QGIS will not
open, it just crashes when the splash screen says it is loading python.

If I downgrade python-core to 2.7.2-4 I can get QGIS 1.8 to open, but it
comes up with an error about sip:

Couldn't load SIP module.
Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
ImportError: No module named sip

If I try and use the OSGeo4W command line to run a script after downgrading
python, I told that there is ImportError: No module named osgeo.

How do I fix this?